Deadline: 21 March 2018
Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts: Visiting Senior Fellowship Program: The Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts announces its program for Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships. Fellowships are for full-time research, and selected candidates are expected to stay in Washington and to participate in the activities of the Center throughout the fellowship period.
- History, theory, and criticism of the visual arts (painting, sculpture, architecture, landscape architecture, urbanism, prints and drawings, film, photography, decorative arts, industrial design, and other arts) of any geographical area and of any period.
- Scholars from other discipline who examines artifacts or has implications for the analysis and criticism of visual form are also invited.
- Applicant must have held the PhD for 5 years or more at the time of application, or hold an equivalent record of professional accomplishment.
- Individuals currently affiliated with the National Gallery of Art are not eligible for the visiting senior fellowship program.
- Applications are invited regardless of the age or nationality of applicants.
Number of awards: up to 12 short-term (up to 60 days) annually.
Stipend: two-month fellowships range from $6,000 to $8,000, depending on relocation requirements; housing (as available).
- Applications to be submitted online. Application must include the following:
- Research proposal
- Copy of one article or chapter of a book
- 2 letters of recommendation
|Organization||Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts|
|Fellowship Level||Visiting fellowship|
|Subject areas||Visual Arts|
|Fellowship amount||$6,000 to $8,000|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 21, 2018|