Deadline: 31 August 2018
Jim Watson Women in Technology Scholarship (WIT): Cyber-security: Mayor Jim Watson and Willis College, Canada’s first regulated Career College established in 1866, are proud to have a shared commitment to promote the females to choose critical technology as career. On the occasion of 150th anniversary, College is delighted to announce The Jim Watson Women in Technology Scholarship Funds (WIT) in Cyber-security. Six Scholarships will be awarded to qualified recipients over a period of three years, with three dedicated to Indigenous women. The Scholarship will be governed Board of Trustees.
- Scholarships (total 6) will be awarded annually over a 3 year period to eligible female students from across Canada who needs financial support to enroll in Willis College’s Advanced Network Security Professional Diploma Program.
- The Scholarship is available to qualified Canadian and First Nations, Inuit and Métis women to pursue cyber security studies in the Diploma Program in Advanced Network Security Professional.
- The 2 promising and highly qualified students (one Canadian and one Indigenous) will be awarded to this fellowship.
- The Scholarship covers tuition fee, books expanses, industry certifications and use of Canada’s only Fortinet and Sophos labs at Willis College for a one-year program. This non-transferable scholarship may only be used to academic career programme at Willis College.
- The student may attend courses during a 12 month period (starting in the year of the award date) according to Willis College’s course start dates.
NOTE: Three of the six awards will be dedicated to Indigenous women.
- Must be Nineteen years of age old or over.
- Must successfully qualify the entrance requirements.
- Provide testimony of secondary/post-secondary degree, including transcript of marks.
How to apply:
The duly filled application form must be mail to.
Jim Watson WITS Board of Trustees
c/o Willis College of Business, Techno. and Healthcare
85 O’Connor Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5M6
|Eligibility||As per guideline|
|Deadline||31 August (Yearly)|