Study in:Asia & Europe
Deadline: 20 April 2018
ASEM-DUO Fellowship Program: Asia-Europe Exchange – The call for applications for an ASEM-DUO mobility grants for the year Call 2018-2019.
Deadline: The submission deadline has been set to the 20th of April 2018.
ASEM-DUO Fellowship Program
A specific cooperation process between Asia and Europe in the field of education – and more specifically higher education – has been set up in the context of the Asia-Europe Meeting.
DUO/Wallonia-Brussels has been established at the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in order to promote “paired exchanges” between professors from Wallonia-Brussels HEIs and Asian ones. Generally, the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme (dating from 2011) aims at:
- Promoting balanced mobility of higher education professors between the two regions;
- Setting up regular exchange programs between HEIs;
- Reinforcing cooperation and dialogue across both regions.
Partner countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Duration of stay: Duration of the exchange should be of at least one month (although the month can be divided in 2×15 days with a pause in between) and of maximum three (03) months.
Amount of the scholarship:
- The amount of the grant awarded to the pair of professors is 5,000€ per month for the two professors (or a total amount of 15,000€ for a three-month exchange for the pair).
- This amount includes expenses linked to the exchange.
Required Eligibility criteria
The applicants must meet ALL eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be member of the academic or scientific staff of an institution of a Wallonia-Brussels HEI or an Asian HEI (i.e. they must be remunerated by the HEI and it must be their main occupation).
- Following groups are not entitled for a fellowship:
- Students & PhD students;
- Professors emeritus, honorary professors;
- Temporary staff;
- Teaching assistants;
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must be recognized/accredited by the competent authorities in the field of higher education;
- The Wallonia-Brussels and Asian HEIs must signed a cooperation agreement or must have expressed the intention to sign one in the two following years;
- The applicants who already begun the exchange before the application period of the 2018 DUO-Wallonia/Brussels program do not qualify for the grant;
- According to the framework established by ASEM-DUO, the citizenship of the professors is not a criterion for eligibility;
- The fellowship program is open to all disciplines.
|Organization||Ministry of education of respective countries|
|Fellowship Level||Visit Grants|
|Country||Exchange between Asia and Europe|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to above mentioned countries|
|Deadline||20th of April 2018|