Deadline: 30 April 2018
Hector Fellow Academy: PhD Fellowships
Hector Fellow Academy is offering fully funded PhD positions for Master’s degree holders from all over the world. The key element of the application is a proposal of a self-developed research project, which they will investigate during the three years of their PhD phase at the institute of the supervising Hector Fellow.
- Submission of a self-developed innovative research proposal relating to the research area of one of the Hector Fellows. The research must have the potential to significantly contribute to field of study.
- Master’s degree with good grades.
- Very good English language proficiency.
- Willingness to move to the location of the university of the supervising Hector Fellow.
- Change of universities between master’s studies and PhD studies, their master’s thesis must have been supervised by a person other than the selected Hector Fellow.
- Candidates may not have worked as student assistants with the Hector Fellow they wish to work with.
Research areas: Natural sciences and Engg Sciences
Students interested in the PhD positions funded by the Hector Fellow Academy may apply via institutes website as indicated below, during the application phase which is going to start on1 August 2016.
Necessary application documents:
- Proposal of your PhD project (3,000 – 6,000 characters incl. spaces) and an abstract (max. 1,500 characters incl. spaces).
- Short project schedule/timetable.
- Name of the Hector Fellow to supervise the PhD thesis.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Summary of Master’s thesis (max. 2,000 characters incl. spaces).
- Copy of degree certificates.
- Copy of transcripts of records.
- Ranking of graduates (for students of Non-German universities), i.e., study performance in relation to fellow students.
- Two letters of recommendation by university staff.
- Application photo.
- Optionally, English language proficiency test certificate.
After the application deadline, the administration office of the Hector Fellow Academy will check the application documents and send them to the corresponding Hector Fellow. The Hector Fellows will then arrange interviews with the best suited candidates.
The candidates will be evaluated according to their academic grades, the feasibility and maturity of their research proposal, and how well the chosen topics fits the research field of the preferred Hector Fellow.
|Organization||Hector fellow academy|
|Subject areas||Natural and Engineering Sciences|
|Deadline||February 1st – April 30th, 2018|
For further information: CLICK