Deadline: 30 June 2018
OK! Pakistan Fashion Journalism Scholarship at Regent’s University London is now available on offer for students entering into MA programme. Pakistani students are eligible to apply for this scholarship
The Regent’s University London is a private non-profit university located in London, United Kingdom. Regent’s University is only the second institution in the UK that was granted the status of a private university.
If English is not student’s first language they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Fashion Journalism programme.
- Scholarship Award: £4,000 towards fees for one standard programme duration.
- Nationality: Pakistani students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Pakistani students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
This scholarship is awarded through competition.
To enter the competition for the OK! Pakistan Fashion Journalism Scholarship, you should first meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a Pakistani national holding a Pakistani passport
- You have achieved at least an upper second class (2:1) UK honours undergraduate degree (or its international equivalent from a recognized institution)
- You hold an offer of a place on the MA Fashion Journalism programme
English Language Requirements: For those applicants whose mother tongue is not English, University requires a recent pass in any of the following qualifications:
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, grade C
- GCSE/IGCSE English, grade C (for non-EU IGCSE students, please provide along with the IGCSE certificate, the Supplementary Certifying Statement with the breakdown of component grades)
- IB Diploma English A grade 5 or above HL or SL. English B grade 5 at HL
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with an overall score of 6.5 (for non-EU students: a minimum score of 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 90 (internet-based test) (TOEFL results not accepted post 17 April 2014 for non-EU/UK students)
- Pearson Test (PTE Academic) score of 58 (for non-EU Students: a minimum score of 51 in each component)
How to Apply: If you meet the criteria above, please apply by writing a 1,000-word essay in response to the following question:
‘How can OK! Pakistan helps promote the true face of modern Pakistani culture and heroism?’
The deadline for submissions is 17:00 (UK time) on 30 June 2018. We will not accept late entries.
Please email your essay to: scholarships-at-regents.ac.uk
If shortlisted, you will be invited to interview (face-to-face or Skype) with members of the Fashion & Design team at Regents. You will be asked to discuss your essay and pertinent points from your application, as well as answer other interview questions.
How we judge the competition
You should be familiar with OK! Pakistan from having read at least one edition. We are looking for scholars who not only have the ambition to work as a fashion journalist but who are keen to help present the modern face of Pakistan to the rest of the world.
The OK! Pakistan Fashion Journalism Scholarship is open to Pakistani students joining the MA Fashion Journalism programme.
Scholarships and bursaries are limited to one award per student. Where a student is eligible to receive more than one award, the highest-value scholarship will apply.