Deadline: 31 March 2018
The Max Planck Institute (MPI) for Dynamics and Self-Organization invite applications for PhD positions in the field of Biophysics / Soft Matter Physics within the department Dynamics of Complex Fluids. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. Stephan Herminghaus.
About the positions:
- The position requires candidate to be highly motivated, outstanding and interested in questions about the research topics “physics of living matter at interfaces” and “microbial life in complex geometries”.
- The research group combines concepts from soft matter physics, biophysics, statistical physics, and micro/nanofluidics.
- The experimental methods include advanced optical microscopy techniques based on high-speed, fluorescence and contrast-enhancing imaging modes.
- The group combines these methods with novel high-precision force spectroscopy techniques for time-resolved measurements of interfacial forces in living cells, microorganisms and biological tissue.
- Applicant must hold Master’s or comparable degree in Physics, Biophysics or in a related subject.
- Applicants with background in the field of biophysics are desirable.
- Applicant must demonstrate good experimental skills and knowledge of experimental techniques, image processing and data analysis are required, programming skills (e.g. Matlab).
- Applicant must possess fluency in both written and spoken English.
Applications should include the following:
- List of publications
- Contacts of two referees
- Brief statement of interests
- Quote the reference number MPIDS-W015 and send application by email to email@example.com in one pdf-file.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization|
|Subject areas||Neurosciences Structural and Cell Biology Solid State Research & Material Sciences Complex Systems, Physics, Biophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 31st, 2018|