Deadline: 17 April 2018
Postdoc Positions /Research Fellows in Development Studies at Institute of Developing Economies (IDE) – Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
Position is available for Research Fellows with interest in the following areas:
- Empirical studies of economic integration
- Trade and investment
- Technological innovation
- Fiscal and monetary
- Industrial organization
- Urban economics
- Health and labor
- Environment and natural resources
- Legal systems or other development issues.
Positions are offered on a tenure-track basis.
Tenure-track positions are fixed-term for three years, but the contract may be extended for another two years depending on the researcher’s performance as well as achievements during the contract period.
Research Areas: Social Sciences , Economics and all other Social Sciences
Eligibility: PhD degree or expect to be awarded a PhD no later than March, 2019.
Applicants must register online first.
- Curriculum vitae with a recent photograph (Download the template from the official website)
- An essay explaining the motivation for applying to the position (in English or Japanese, not exceeding one A4 size page)
- List of one’s academic publications, including books, monographs, research papers, and other works in English or Japanese
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or senior researcher from your institute or any comparable institution
- Copy of PhD dissertation
- Copy of one major academic publication
- Copy of the abstracts of items listed in (5) and (6)
- Copies of diploma and certificates of Bachelor, Master and Doctor. (Submit after an offer).
- Submission through email is not accepted.
- Web Application: Not available
- On the envelope clearly print “Application materials: Development studies” in red.
- Application materials will not be returned in any case.
The application should be Send To:
Research Personnel Division Research Planning Department
3-2-2, Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN
|Organization||Japan External Trade Organization
|Fellowship Level||Post doc|
|Subject Areas||Social Sciences|
|Fellowship Amount||As per IDE-JETRO regulations|
|Deadline||January 18 to April 17, 2018 (All applications must be received by 17:00, April 17)|