Deadline: 25 March 2018
The Great Wall Fellowships: The Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2018-2019 seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These fellowships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region.
Scholarships tenable at: various Chinese universities
About the programme:
- These fellowships are offered to senior advanced students intending to carry out higher education or undertake individual research with periodic guidance from assigned supervisors for a duration of one academic year (from September 2018 to July 2019).
- In most cases, fellows will participate in the programmes conducted in English (while in exceptional cases) some students may be required to study Chinese language before taking up research or study in their field of interest.
Number of fellowships: 75; 20 of the 75 fellowships are especially intended for candidatures of teacher educators and trainers from the 10 African countries under UNESCO-China Funds-in-Trust Project (CFIT) to pursue an Advanced Training Programme for Education Administrators and Teacher Educators at East China Normal University.
- Applicants applying for general scholar programs must not exceed the age of 45
- Applicant must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study; and those who applying for senior scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and under the age of 50.
- Applicant must possess proficiency in English language.
- Applicant must be in good health, both mentally and physically.
How to apply:
- Prepare application documents (in English or Chinese) properly according to the prescribed requirements.
- Register in CSC Chinese Scholarship Information System for International Students and submit online application
- Take print outs of online application form and send it to the National Commission to UNESCO of applicant’s native country, attached with the hard copies of all the required documents (in duplicate).
|Organization||UNESCO and People’s Republic of China Government|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||25 March 2018|
More information about the fellowships