Deadline: 31 July 2018
NCHS; Postdoctoral Research Program, USA: National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) is an exceptional public resource for health information. NCHS provides information to develop and improve programs and policies that will improve the health of the American people. Objective of this Postdoctoral Research Program is to provide chance to postdoc candidates to conduct research in areas of their choosing that are compatible with the interests of NCHS.
General research areas are: social behavioral science, statistical theory, survey methodology, economics, demography, statistical computing.
Research Areas: Suggested Research topics may include (but not limited to):
- Human factors and usability research
- Confidentiality, protection, and related topics
- Data linkage
- Data mining
- Nonresponse in sample surveys
- Data collection in a changing health care environment and system
- Quality control, quality improvement, and measurement
- Small-area estimation
- Cognitive processes and question response
- Data editing and imputation
- Sampling and estimation
- Questionnaire design and measurement research
- Telephone survey methods
- Statistical computing
Eligibility and Qualifications:
- This position is open to U.S. nationals or noncitizens with permanent residency and a valid work authorization.
- Applicants are responsible for getting the necessary authorization. Permanent residency status does not qualify as citizenship.
- Position will be awarded persons who have held doctorates for less than 3 years or are in the process of receiving their doctorate degrees at the time of application.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Appointments are awarded for 2-year, but extensions may be approved with special consideration.
- An assessment is conducted after the Ist year to ensure that the Postdoctoral Researcher is making suitable progress.
Application Materials and Supporting Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Grade transcripts of all graduate and undergraduate credits
- Reference letters – 3 (on original letterhead with original signature)
- Statement of research interest
|Organization||National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)|
|Subject areas||Social Behavioral Science, Statistical Theory, Survey Methodology, Economics, Demography, Statistical Computing|