Master and PhD
Deadline: 31 March 2018
The Partnering for Health Professionals Training in African Universities (P4HPT) is an EU-funded project under the Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme which aims at building capacity of health professionals with a view to expand the health workforce size in the target countries and subsequently improve the well-being of communities.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Master and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Study fields are dependent on the institution for which you apply. A detailed list of the available programmes and their respective institution is provided below.
Scholarship Award: The following are covered by the scholarship;
- One Round trip flight ticket and visa costs
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period (see below)
- Masters: €600 per month
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident, and Travel)
- Settling in allowance equivalent to the monthly subsistence allowance for the type of mobility provided upon arrival at the host institution.
Accommodation expenses will be covered by the scholarship recipient and can be done from the monthly subsistence allowance. However, the host institution will assist in identifying a suitable accommodation for the scholarship holder.
Nationality: Nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries included in the partnership South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in The higher education institution partners are;
- The University of Ghana, Ghana (Coordinating Institution)
- Makerere University, Uganda;
- Uganda Martyrs University, Uganda;
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa;
- University of Nairobi, Kenya;
- Moi University, Kenya,
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique;
- University of Burundi, Burundi;
- University of Juba, South Sudan;
- University of Lesotho, Lesotho,
- Universite Catholique De Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo.
Eligibility for the Scholarship: Eligible Countries: Nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries included in the partnership South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, Lesotho are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for the Scholarship, master’s student applicants must meet all the criteria stated below:Target Group 1 (TG 1) ApplicantsØ Must be nationals and/or residents in one of the following countries included in the partnership South Africa, Kenya, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, South Sudan, LesothoØ Must be registered/admitted or obtained a degree from any one of the following institutions; University of Ghana, Makerere University, Uganda Martyrs University, Stellenbosch University, University of Nairobi, Moi University, Eduardo Mondlane University, University of Burundi, University of Juba, National University of Lesotho, and Universite Catholique De Bukavu.Ø Have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language in which courses are offered at the host HEI.
How to Apply: Candidates are to complete two (2) applications simultaneously for admission into the programme at the University of Ghana and for scholarship; a) Application for Admission- See application guidelines and visit https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes for details to apply to the University of Ghana. The deadline for submission of the online applications for all programmes under this arrangement is Friday, March 2, 2018b) Application for Scholarship- Applications forms are available here and must be emailed to p4hpt-at-chs.ug.edu.gh. This call is for a scholarship application.