Deadline: 30 June 2018
ICDD (International Center for Development and Decent Work) invites applications for Ela Bhatt Visiting Professor in the field of Decent Work (with professionalization in Social Sciences or Agriculture). It is envisioned for exceptional scientists from institutions of higher learning and research institutions who have attained appropriate recognition in their fields and who hold the rank of Professor (or equivalent) at their home institutions.
Duration of the visiting Professorship: 3 months to a maximum 1 year.
Salary: 5,000 EUR per month with travel costs
- Rethinking development cooperation
- Organizing the informal economy
- Rural-urban linkages: transformation processes, livelihoods & social protection
- Extractivism and rural welfare
- Decent work along agricultural value chains
Conditions and Requirements:
- Before applying, candidates must establish contact with the potential host at the ICDD in Kassel or Witzenhausen.
- Letter of support from the potential host (member of ICDD), must be enclosed with the application materials.
- Successful applicant must use the title “Ela Bhatt Professor” in all articles and publications resulting from research activities carried under the sponsorships and while attending conferences during the Ela Bhatt Professorship.
- At the end of professorship, recipients are requested to submit a short report on their activities as Ela Bhatt Professor at the ICDD.
- Completed applications must be received annually in the ICDD office in Kassel no later than June 30th.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be announced before August 1st the same year.
- Professorship can be availed during the academic years 2015-2019 (October 1st, 2015 to September 30th, 2019).
- Applications should be submitted on the application form supplied by the ICDD and will be processed through that office.
- Submit the completed application by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||International Center for Development and Decent Work, University of Kassel|
|Subject areas||Social sciences|
|Fellowship amount||5,000 EUR/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 June (Yearly)|
For Further Details: Click