Study in:UK, Denmark
Deadline: 23 March 2018
The University of Oxford in associations with labs of Novo Nordisk in Copenhagen offers the Novo Nordisk – Oxford Fellowship Programme, which is supervised by world-leading researchers in the field of diabetes and metabolism. The Fellowship Programme aims to support the development of a new generation of exceptional young diabetes researchers, who will become future leaders in the field.
The postdoctoral research fellowships are aimed at early career researchers with a basic science background. The clinical research training fellowships are aimed at clinicians who wish to undertake a DPhil (PhD) and who aspire to a career in academic medicine.
Funding and Duration:
- The fellowships are fully funded for 3 years providing salary, a generous travel allowance and consumable support for the lab.
Categories of fellowships:
- Novo Nordisk Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Diabetes and Metabolism: 3 posts
- Novo Nordisk Clinical Research Training Fellow in Diabetes and Metabolism: 2 posts
- Applications are open to international applicants from any country.
- Selected fellows are expected to have potential to become leaders in the field of diabetes in subsequent years.
- Applicant must hold PhD, or near to completion, in a medical/biological subject, together with relevant experience.
- Applicant must NOT have more than 3 years post PhD at the start of the fellowship.
- A strong CV, having published in high impact journals and presented at international meetings.
- An enthusiastic interest in diabetes and metabolic research.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||University of Oxford|
|Subject areas||Biological Science, Clinical Sciences, Medicine Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Fully funded|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Friday 23 March|