Postdoc, Scientist, Faculty
Deadline: 16 March 2018
Scientific Associates Program at CERN
CERN’s Scientific Associate-ships are open to established scientists wishing to work at CERN for up to one year while leaving their home institutes. Scientific Associate contracts are open to confirmed physicists or engineers who wish to work for CERN for a limited period of time (up to one year) from their home institute.
In order to fulfill its role as a European centre & as a member of the world-wide community of scientific institutes, CERN offers the use of its research facilities to a certain number of Associates to participate in its programs.
- Experimental and Theoretical particle physics
- Applied physics,
- Electronics, Computing, and Engineering.
Associates are normally “on leave of absence” from their home institutes during their stay at CERN.
Required Eligibility conditions
- Associates must remain employed at their home institute during their appointment at CERN.
- The duration of the contract is at mostly one year. Extensions may be granted in exceptional case, however the total duration of the appointment shall not exceed two (02) years.
- No fellowships can be awarded less than five years after the end date of an earlier CERN Paid fellowships, Fellowship or Staff Position (for stays shorter than the standard contract duration for these statuses).
Documents required for Application
- a completed electronic application form;
- a curriculum vitae (CV);
- a list of publications;
- three letters of recommendation
The application and ALL supporting documents should reach CERN (or be submitted using the e-recruitment system) by the closing date.
- During the term of their contract, the paid attachés remain employed by their home institute.
- The duration of the contract can reach one (01) year.
- Possibilities for extension exist for exceptional cases; however, the total duration cannot exceed two (02) years.
- These positions are not available to scientists who have been employed at CERN as paid attachés, fellows or holders for the last five years.
Closing date: 16/03/2018
|Organization||CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research)|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoc, Scientist, Faculty|
|Subject areas||Applied Physics, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, Electronics, Computing, and Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|