Deadline: 31 May 2018
Our International PhD Fellowship Program welcomes applications from individuals with a degree in a field of science and engineering related to the ICFO research activities. 15 – 20 PhD positionsare available to well-qualified graduate students, who wish to obtain a PhD degree in any of the research fields covered at ICFO.
This program brings together top-level training and teaching for young scientists, benefiting from the extensive course offerings of local universities and focused instruction by ICFO professors, in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment. PhD-students have the opportunity to take advantage of our network of excellence, consisting in partners of national and international research institutes and universities, as well as industrial partners in the field.
Fellowships will be offered across all ICFO research groups in the following research areas:
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics & Atto-Physics
If you are interested in discussing possible research topics, please contact ICFO Group Leaders directly. You can find more details about ICFO’s Research Groups and Group Leaders at https://www.icfo.eu/research/research.php.
The positions are offered in the scope of several fellowship programs currently active within the ICFO International PhD Program:
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to submit (in English) online the following material:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including contact details,
- A Cover Letterwith declaration of research interests,
- Scanned copies of the degree certificates, if available at the time of application,
- Scanned copies of the complete (Bachelor and Master equivalent) academic transcriptsin English or Spanish,
- IMPORTANT: The candidate should ask 2 referees, to be indicated in the online application form, to send reference lettersdirectly email@example.com before the application deadline.
- The print-out of the equivalence calculation of your academic results/ GPAaccomplished via http://www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/
- If available, scanned copy of standardized test results (GRE, TOEFL, etc.). Note that submission of test results is optional, but they can be particularly helpful for evaluating applicants with degrees obtained outside the European Higher Education Area.
The deadline for submission of applications for the present call is 31st of May, 2018.
At all stages of the process, applicants may contact ICFO Human Resources and Education via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For complete information about the PhD Admissions process at ICFO, please see http://phd.icfo.eu/.
Please note that applicants should be willing to be contacted by phone during the entire selection process.
|Type of position||PhD|
|Subjects||Science and engineering|
|Closing date||31st of May, 2018|