Deadline: 15 April 2018
Institute of Computational Science at USI and the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS): applications are invited for CSCS-USI Summer School 2018. The summer school will focus on the effective exploitation of hybrid High Performance Computing (HPC) systems, equipped with powerful CPUs, state-ofthe-art GPUs, and fast and scalable networks.
About the program:
- Experts from ETH Zurich, Università della Svizzera italiana, and NVIDIA will present CUDA and OpenACC for GPU programming and MPI for inter-GPU/CPU communication.
- They will also introduce scientific libraries and machine learning frameworks, optimized for the GPU and for parallel applications.
- Extensive practical and exercise lab sessions will help to clarify and consolidate the theoretical material.
- The Summer School addresses undergraduate students, Ph.D. students, Postdocs and other researchers.
- Selected students will be able to earn three ECT credit points for this course from Università della Svizzera italiana (subject to exam).
Duration: July 15 – July 27, 2018
Location: Steger Center, Riva San Vitale, Ticino, Switzerland
- GPU architecture
- GPU programming with CUDA and OpenACC
- Message passing programming model, the MPI standard and the GPUDirect library
- Performance optimization
- Scientific libraries for parallel and GPU programming
- GPU optimized machine learning frameworks
|Organization||Swiss National Supercomputing Centre|
|Fellowship Level||Summer school|
|Subject areas||Computer science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 April 2018|