Deadline: 13 April 2018
Krzysztof Skubiszewski Scholarships and Research Grants
The scholarship holder will be given the opportunity to conduct academic research in Poland during the 2018/2019 academic year in collaboration with the University of Warsaw or with another Polish university, in the field of law, political science or contemporary history. The goal of the scholarship is to promote democracy, human rights, the rule of law, and the respect of law in international relations.
The scholarship and the research grant are established to promote democracy, the respect of human rights, the rule of law, and the respect of law in international relations. The stay in Poland financed by the scholarship and the academic visit to Poland financed by the research grant will be related to the aforementioned goal, and will involve research in one of the following disciplines:
- law (in particular human rights, constitutional law, international law);
- political science;
- contemporary history.
The Foundation will grant one scholarship and two research grants for the academic year 2018/2019.
The scholarship and the research grant are open to candidates who hold a master’s degree or equivalent, and:
- have successfully defended their doctoral thesis (or have significant academic achievements), or
- have accomplished works of significant importance in the public interest, especially in the area of promoting democracy and the rule of law.
- Proficiency in foreign languages, particularly English,
- Proficiency in Polish is desired. If the scholarship holder has no sufficient knowledge of Polish, he/she will undergo an intensive Polish language course in the period immediately before the beginning of the academic year (in August and in September).
- If the grantee needs a Polish language course, the Foundation will organize the course during his/her academic visit to Poland.
The grantee will receive:
- a total of 9647 PLN (around 2327 EUR) if the duration of the research visit to Poland is three months or, if the duration is shorter, an amount of money proportional to the
- paid-up accommodation in Warsaw or reimbursement of accommodation expenses during his/her stay in Poland;
- travel costs for one trip from the place of residence to Warsaw and back; and
- reimbursement of the cost of insurance covering emergency medical treatment in Poland.
Open to: Candidates from Central Europe, the Balkans, the Baltic States, Eastern Europe, Russia, Central Asia & the Caucasus
Scholarship: 6982 EUR
Only applications prepared and sent according to the instructions will be taken into account. Scholarship and research grant sponsored by The Krzysztof Skubiszewski Foundation
tel. +48 697 904 178
In collaboration with Studium Europy Wschodniej Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego
|Organization||The Krzysztof Skubiszewski Foundation, Studium Europy Wschodniej Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego|
|Subject areas||Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||6982 EUR|
|Eligibility||Open for internaional researcher|
|Deadline||13 April 2018|