Deadline: 31 March 2018
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg PhD Research Grants: Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg PhD Research Grants
Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg is abbreviated as (MLU). It offers a wide range of academic subjects in the areas of humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and medicine.
The oldest and largest university in Saxony-Anhalt was created in 1817 when the University of Wittenberg (founded in 1502) merged with Friedrichs University Halle (founded in 1694).
The acronym GS SCM stands for The Graduate School “Techniques of Future-Making” at the Research Cluster “Society and Culture in Motion” (SCM) in Halle (Germany). The research fellowship is being offered in GS SCM.
Level of Study: PhD
No. of Scholarships: 10 grants
Scholarship Awards: 1500 EURO per month
- The School would offer assistance in obtaining visas for applicants coming from outside the Schengen Area.
- Travel expenses for individuals coming to Germany (in order to conduct research in Halle) can be paid for.
Duration of the grant: 24 months or 2 years with the possibility of a 12 months extension.
Subject Area: Grants are awarded within the Graduate School “Society and Culture in Motion” (GSSCM).
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must hold an MA degree (equivalent to the German MA) in social sciences or humanities or an equivalent degree enabling the holder to take up Ph.D. studies in Germany.
- Continuous presence of the students in Halle is required in order to fully participate in and take advantage of the GS “Techniques of Future-Making’s activities.
How to apply: The mode of application is both by email or ordinary mail.
The applicant should send the complete applications:
- by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by ordinary mail to the following address:
Graduate School “Society and Culture in Motion”
D-06114 Halle (Saale)
- Cover letter
- Copy of M.A. certificate (English or German)
- Transcript of Records (if available)
- Detailed CV
- Outline of a research proposal together with project timeline.
- The proposal should not be more than 3.000 to 5.000 words
- This proposal should relate to the general topic of “Techniques of Future-Making”.
- The applicant must include the details of their research in progress (if any) up to the time of application.
- Letter of recommendation written by an academic supervisor from the previous university.
- Proof of efficiency in English if English is not the first language.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2018
|Quick Overview —————|
|Organization||Martin Luther University|
|Subject Areas||Social Science and Humanities|
|Fellowship Amount||1500 Euro per month|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st March 2018|