Study in: India
Deadline: 15 April 2018
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) invites nominations of National Women Bioscientists Awards from women scientists in the country who are working in the areas of Biology and Biotechnology and have made outstanding contributions in research, technology and product development. The awards will be given in two categories viz., Senior (One) and Young (Two)
- Senior Category: cash prize of Rs 5.00 lakh along with citation and a gold medal.
- Young Category: cash prize of Rs 1.00 lakh with citation and a gold medal and Research Grant of Rs 5.00 lakhs per annum for a period of 5 years.
- Applicant must be Citizen of India who is engaged in basic and applied research in the areas of biosciences and biotechnology in the country. The work for which nomination is made must have been carried out in Indian institutes and acknowledged in the publications.
- For Senior Category Award: applicant must have made life time significant and outstanding contribution in research in the areas of biosciences/biotechnology and has applied the results for the benefit of students and society and the work must have been done entirely in India.
- For Young Category Award: applicant must have made significant and outstanding contribution in the areas of biosciences/biotechnology during last 5 years and the work must have been done entirely in India.
- The senior category award is for excellence in research (and not for governance/promotion of Science) and not for age and thus there is no age limit. For the young category, the candidate should be below 45 years of age as on the 31st December of the year of Award.
- Women scientists working in the area of biosciences/biotechnology can be nominated by members of the SAC(O), DBT; Vice-Chancellors of Universities/ Deemed Universities; Chairman, UGC; DGs of CSIR, ICAR, ICMR, DRDO; Directors of National Research Laboratories etc; Presidents of approved scientific societies and academies of All India Nature; Secretaries of S&T Departments / Ministries such as DST, DBT, DSIR, MES, MOEF, Atomic Energy, Department of Space, New and Renewable Energy, Commerce, Industry, Health & Family Welfare and Human Resource Development and Advisor/ Member (Science) Niti Aayog.
- Nominations to be sent in the prescribed proforma
- The nominations (2 copies) neatly typed in double space on plain paper in the prescribed proforma complete with enclosures to reach Mr. J.K. Dora, Under Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Room No. 518, 5th Floor, Block-III, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003
- Soft copy in MS-Word .doc file to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||Department of Biotechnology (DBT)|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Biosciences|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||15th April, 2018|