Graduate, predoc, postdoc, senior researcher
Deadline: 1 December 2018
The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program (SIFP) is open to:
- Graduate Students
- Predoctoral Students
- Postdoctoral Researchers and
- Senior Researchers
Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program (SIFP) is the Smithsonian Institution’s centrally-funded leading fellowship program. SI Fellowships are awarded annually to students wishing to conduct independent study or research at Smithsonian’s research centers with at least one Smithsonian advisor.
The Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program is administered through the Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships (OFI).
2019 Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program: Monday December 1, 2018
2020 Smithsonian Institution Fellowship Program: Monday December 1, 2019
Subjects: In all academic fields of science, arts and history.
Stipend Allowances and Taxes:
The SIFP award amounts are as follows:
- Graduate Student Fellowship**:$7000.00 for 10 weeks
- Predoctoral Student Fellowship:$32,700 annually; research allowance up to $4,000 total.
- Postdoctoral Researcher Fellowship:$48,000 annually; research allowance up to $4,000 total.
- Senior Researcher Fellowship:$48,000 annually; research allowance up to $4,000 total.
- Fellows in earth/planetary sciences and conservatory sciences are eligible to receive up to $5,000.00 over the amounts above.
- US citizens and Non-US citizens are eligible to apply for the program.
- Candidates whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and speak fluently in English.
- Past or current fellowship recipients are eligible to apply for another award.
Deadline: 1 December (Yearly)
How to Apply:
- Before applying you should make contacts with your prospective Smithsonian advisor(s)as you prepare your proposal (being sure to discuss potential research costs) with your proposed advisor(s) before submitting your application
- All application materials must be presented in English (foreign transcripts may be translated)
Once you have created an account and logged into SOLAA you will need to complete all the required information including:
- Mailing address
- Academic background
- Current college or University
- Selecting the grand challenge under which your proposal fall
- Identifying committee that you feel is most appropriate to analyse your proposal.
Upload the following with your application:
- Abstract ( one page)
- Research Proposal
- Time Table
- Budget and Justification
- Curriculum Vitae
- References ( atleast 2 referees)
|Level||Graduate, predoc, postdoc, senior researcher|
|Subject areas||Science, Arts and History|
|Eligibility||US and Non US Citzens|
|Deadline||1 December (Yearly)|