Deadline: 31 March 2018
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) are offering Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE). The scheme aims to facilitate mobility of faculty members working in a regular capacity in State Universities / Colleges and in private Academic Institutions to carry out research work in an established public funded institution such as IITs, IISc, IISERS, National Institutions (NITs, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR labs and other central institutions) and Central Universities located nearer to the institution where the faculty member is working.
Duration: max 3 years
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Number of awards: maximum of 500 awards per year
- Research fellowship: Rs. 60,000/- per year (in addition to the researchers own salary)
- Research grant of Rs5lakhs per annum (50% each to host and parent institution) and overheads (as per SERB norms)
- Applicant must be Indian citizen residing in India.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in Science or MS / MD in Medicine or M.E. / M.Tech. in Engineering/Technology.
- The applicant must hold a regular academic / research position in State Universities/ Colleges and private Academic Institutions.
- Candidates must not hold any ongoing research projects or any fellowship at the time of submission of application.
- Applicant must not exceed 45 years of age at the time of the submission of application (age relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates).
- Mentor should be preferably at the level of Associate Professor / Scientist E.
How to apply
- Apply Online. Fill up the following details in the online form:
- Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Summary of the project proposal
- Any other relevant information of the proposal must be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical document (OTD).
Documents required (in PDF):
- Biodata of the applicant
- Other technical details of the proposal
- Certificate from the Investigator
- Endorsement certificate from the Head of Parent Institution
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of host Institution
- CV of the Mentor
- Category certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Joining report
- Mandatory 90 days attendance certificate by the end of the financial year
|Organization||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences & Mathematical Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 60,000/- per year+ Research Grant|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|