Study in:India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, United States, China, Japan or Thailand
Deadline: 3 May 2018
400 Western Digital STEM Scholarships: 400 Western Digital STEM Scholarships
Western Digital Corporation is commonly known as Western Digital. It is also often abbreviated as WDC. It is basically an American computer data storage company.
It is one of the largest computer hard disk drive manufacturers in the world, along with its main competitor Seagate Technology.
Applications are being invited by WDC for pursuing undergraduate programme. Western Digital is committed to addressing access to STEM education for underrepresented and underprivileged students.
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in 4 specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering and mathematics
Scholarship Value and Benefits:
- Scholarships ranging from $1,500 to 5,000 will be awarded annually.
- Around 400 one-time such scholarships would be awarded.
- Students must meet enrollment requirements to receive the award.
- A single applicant may not win more than one award in a year. Applicants may re-apply in subsequent years and be awarded one additional time only.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition fees, books supplies and equipment required for course at accredited, non-profit colleges/universities.
- Even if students transfer from one institution to another they can retain the award.
Nationality: Students from India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, United States, China, Japan or Thailand can apply.
Scholarship can be taken in India, Israel, China, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, United States or Thailand.
- The applicant must be a legal dependent of a Western Digital employee with an employee level of 109 or below.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a 4-year college/university in the United States, China, Japan, India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, or Thailand.
- The applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Evidence of proficiency in English would be required
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: 3rd May 2018 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time Zone.
|Quick Overview —————|
|Organization||Western Digital Corporation|
|Country||India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, United States, China, Japan or Thailand|
|Subject Areas||STEM subjects-science, technology, engineering and mathematics|
|Fellowship Amount||Between $1,500 to 5,000|
|Eligibility||India, Israel, Malaysia, Philippines, United States, China, Japan or Thailand|
|Deadline||3rd May 2018|