Deadline: 15 November and 30 April
The Vienna Biocenter (VBC) Doctoral Programme is a research-oriented educational programme that focuses on to support the scientific training of young graduates. The VBC PhD Programme makes sure that its students have protected time, guidance, core facilities and a vibrant intellectual atmosphere.
The PhD Programme has two main components:
- Guided research project
- Flexible curriculum: Lectures and seminar series, workshops, practical courses and journal clubs
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree or equivalent or expected to receive it before enrolment
- Applicant must provide full details of two referees
- Applicant must be highly proficient in English (both spoken and written)
- Applicant must be preferably below 30 years of age at the time of application
- Applicants with Non-EU Master Degree: Applicants who do not hold a Master degree or equivalent from a European University may be asked to provide GRE scores.
- UK/US Applicants: applicants are also invited from the US and other countries with an Anglican education system.
- Applicants from Australia, Republic of Ireland, the UK and New Zealand are able to enter our programme with a BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) in a Life Sciences related subject and but MUST have ample of research experience.
- VBC provides Full-time Employment Contract
- Salary: approx. €30,758/year (gross)
- Health, Pension, Accident, Unemployment Insurance
- University tuition-fees are reimbursed
- Visa Expenses
- Language courses may be taken up by the students
- Sports and social Activities
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open toInternational applicants|
|Deadline||15 November and 30 April (twice a year)|