Deadline: 23 March 2018
PhD Fellowship: Surface Science Nano-Science Center
PhD Fellowship in Surface Science at the Department of Chemistry, Nano-Science Center, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen is offering a PhD scholarship in Surface Science.
The position is available for a 3 year period and your key tasks as a PhD student at SCIENCE are:
- to manage and carry through your research project,
- to attend PhD courses,
- to write scientific articles and your PhD thesis,
- to teach and disseminate your research,
- to visit an external research institution for a few months, preferably abroad,
- to work for the department.
- Applicants should have a degree that permits entry to a PhD program (such as an MSc Degree, Diplome, Honours Bachelor or
- 4 year Bachelor or equivalent).
- The candidate must not already have a PhD.
Your background should be in a quantitative science or engineering, in physics, chemistry, mineralogy, materials science, geochemistry, hydrogeology, biochemistry, engineering, mathematics or other – it does not matter – but we expect you to be competent with physics, chemistry and mathematics. An interest in surface science or materials and their interactions in nature is important.
Fellowship: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 312.879, including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 43.219). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- cover Letter, in which you name the position you are applying for and state when you would like to start.
- CV (and if you have any publications, please include the publication information for them).
- a copy of your diploma and transcripts of records, i.e. lists of courses and grades (BSc and MSc).
- no more than a half page about your research interests.
- no more than one page explaining why you would like to join us and what you have to offer the project. You may use this statement as your cover letter if you wish.
- Full contact details (name, address, telephone and email address) for 3 referees.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 23 March 2018
General information about PhD programmes at SCIENCE is available at
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Nanotech|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 March 2018|