Deadline: 30 May 2018
University of Luxembourg (UL) invites applications for four Marie-Curie PhD Fellows (PhD Candidate) positions (m/f). The positions are part of the Rapid Biomechanics and Simulation for Personalised Clinical Design (RAINBOW) MCSA European Training Network. RAINBOW is funded under the EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
Duration: Initially for 14 months (fixed-term contract), renewable for up to 36 months (depending on thesis progress evaluation)
Starting date: 1 September 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
About the positions:
- Position 1 (industrial partner: AnatoScope) Breast Modelling and Simulation for Better Cancer Treatment.
- Position 2 (industrial partner: InSimo) Biological membrane cutting and tearing simulation within clinical time scales with application to cataract surgery.
- Position 3 (industrial partner: InuTech) Identifying Patient Specific Material Models and Parameters using Adjoint-based Inverse Modelling approaches: Model selection and parameter identification on phantom gels.
- Position 4 (industrial partner: Simpleware) Bayesian geometrical uncertainty quantification for soft tissue biomechanics simulations.
- Supervision: Prof. Stéphane P. A. Bordas. Further supervision will be undertaken by Dr. Lars A. A. Beex and Dr. Jack S. Hale.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related subject
- Applicant must possess good English language skill
- Applicant must be willing to work in an inter-cultural and international environment and travel for extended visits and research stays
- Applicant must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Apply online and prepare the following documents in English:
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) detailing how you meet the selection criteria and which of the three positions interest you (you can express an interest in more than one position).
- Publication list (if any) and PDFs of those publications.
- Master’s thesis (final or draft, if draft, then state the expected submission date)
- Full contact details of two persons willing to act as referees.
- Copies of diplomas, transcripts with grades, with English translation
- All documents to be uploaded in PDF format via the online submission system (no applications via email, please).
Ref: R-AGR-3325-10-C (RAINBOW)
|Organization||University of Luxembourg (UL)|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|