Masters and PhD
Deadline: 15 April 2018
Tongji University 2018 Chinese Government Marine Scholarship: Tongji University Chinese Government Marine Scholarship
Tongji University is in Shanghai. It was established in 1907. It is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in China. Chinese government’s marine scholarship program was launched in 2012. The China Scholarship Council is responsible for the enrollment and day-to-day management.
It is mainly used to finance outstanding students from the Pacific and Indian Ocean countries and regions and developing countries in Africa.
The program is jointly funded by:
- The State Oceanic Administration (SOA) and
- The Ministry of Education (MOE)
- The applicant must be a non-Chinese citizen of the Indian Ocean, South China Sea, the Pacific Rim and the island countries as well as developing countries in Africa.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants must apply for master’s or doctoral degrees in marine-related fields.
- To apply for a master’s degree:
- the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and
- the age should not be more than 40 years;
- To apply for a doctoral degree:
- the applicant must have a master’s degree, and
- the age should not exceed 45 years
- The applicant should provide proof of efficiency in English if English is not their first language
- For Master’s degree: 2 to 3 years
- For Doctoral degree: 4 years. Scholarships no longer than 4 years
Scholarship Benefits: Funded students will enjoy the same treatment as Chinese government scholarship students. The benefits would be:
- Free tuition and other material fees
- Free accommodation on campus
- Necessary medical insurance to finance the corresponding cost of living (Master: 3000 Yuan / month, PhD: 3500 Yuan / month).
- International travel by themselves.
How to apply: Application should be done online.
- The applicants must obtain the consent of tutors from Tongji University before submitting the application materials and have the qualifications for applying for international students at Tongji University.
- The applicants should first register themselves in the online registration information platform.
- This would result in generating application form for the scholarship.
- The applicant should download it.
- The candidate should then login to Tongji University International Student Online Service System to complete the online application and download and print Tongji University International Students Application Form” with Autographed.
Application Deadline: 15th April 2018
Room 208 , School of Ocean and Earth Science, Tongji University
|Quick Overview —————|
|Level||Masters and PhD|
|Fellowship Amount||Illustrated above|
|Eligibility||Open for non-Chinese nationals|
|Deadline||15th April 2018|