Deadline: 31 March 2018
Tata Innovation Fellowship, Govt of India, Department of Biotechnology, and Ministry of Science & Technology invites applications for Tata Innovation Fellowship, a highly competitive scheme founded by the DBT to recognize and reward scientists with exceptional track record in biological sciences and a deep dedication to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to Life sciences and biotechnology.
- Applicants must be Indian Nationals residing in India
- Applicant must be below the age of 55 years as on 21st November, 2016
- The fellowship is co-terminus with the superannuation of fellow in his organization.
- Applicant must hold Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology or related areas.
- Applicant must have exceptional contribution and publication in the specific area.
- Applicant must have a regular permanent position in a University, Institute, or Organization and must be engaged in research and development. (If the applicant is availing any other fellowship, then will have to opt for only one of the fellowships).
- Applicant must have spent at least Five years in India before applying for the fellowship.
- Proof of exceptional track record and a deep commitment to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
- Fellowship: Rs. 25,000/month in addition to regular salary from the host institute.
- If the recipient is receiving salary from international organization, then the person will be entitled for research grant (contingency only).
- Each Fellow will receive a contingency grant of Rs. 6.00 lakh/annum for meeting the expenses on consumables, equipment, international and domestic travel, manpower and other contingent expenditure to be incurred in connection with the implementation of ongoing research project under the fellowship.
- The Tata Innovation Fellows would be eligible for other regular research grant(s) through extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
Number of fellowships: 05 per year.
Duration: 03 years; extendable by 02 years on a fresh appraisal.
How to Apply:
- Application (06 copies) may be sent as per proforma available on the DBT website and duly forwarded by the competent authority to Dr. A. K. Rawat, Scientist ‘F’, Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi -110 003, latest by 31st March, 2018.
|Organization||Govt of India, Department of Biotechnology|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Engineering, Medical Science|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31st March, 2018.|