Deadline: 16 April 2018
The University of Verona is looking for 14 PhD candidates within the EU-funded project INVITE. Positions are open to early-stage researchers from any country and of any nationality who wish to embark on a doctoral programme of the University of Verona.
The INVITE doctoral programme aims to encourage each student’s intellectual curiosity and support the acquisition of critical thinking skills by training them in the use of innovative theoretical tools and practical methods.
INVITE is a doctoral programme at the University of Verona with a strong inter-sectoral, inter-disciplinary and international dimension.
- Application Deadline: April 16, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: INVITE offers PhD positions to train early-stage researchers in the scientific disciplines covered by its doctoral programmes, organised in four Graduate schools: Arts and Humanities; Legal and Economic Sciences; Health and Life Sciences; Natural and Engineering Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Salaries are paid on a monthly basis and are composed of the following elements (gross amounts):
Living allowance: €2000/month for 36 months
Mobility allowance: €600/month for 36 months
Family allowance: €150/month for 36 months for students with family obligations as at the deadline of the call for applications,
- Number of Scholarships: There are 14 PhD positions available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: INVITE is open to early-stage researchers of any age and nationality.
- Entrance Requirements: The call is open to applicants of any age and nationality who meet the following requirements at the date of the call deadline:
Must hold a Master’s Degree (e.g. Master of Science or Master of Arts) or a similar degree equivalent to the Italian Laurea Magistrale or Specialistica which would grant them access to doctoral level studies in the country where the degree was conferred.
Must not already hold a PhD and must have less than 4 years (full-time equivalent) of research experience. Full-time-equivalent research experience is measured starting from the date the applicants obtained their Master’s degree or equivalent qualification entitling them to embark on a doctorate, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged.
Must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the application deadline.
Any time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention (1951 Refugee Convention and the 1967 Protocol), compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays do not count towards the total.
- English Language Requirements: IELTS, TOEFL or any other language certificate is not mandatory. However, INVITE encourage you to mention any certificate in your CV as an element of your education and training, which is evaluated
The following documents must be provided:
- Application form
- ID document
- Detailed CV
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificate and transcript of records
- Motivation and cover letter
- Short proposal for a research project within the specified research areas, including an explanation of how the project is interdisciplinary, inter-sectorial and international
- Declaration on the place of activity/residence in the last three years
- Diploma Supplement (optional)
- Up to two reference letters by academic professors at the university where the applicants obtained their Master’s degree or by any other legal entity from the academic or non-academic sector where the applicants studied or worked (optional).
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted electronically via the PICA submission system by the deadline. Applications submitted using any other method will not be considered.
Applicants may apply for more than one PhD position. A separate online application form must be completed for each position of interest and submitted along with the necessary documentation for each application.