Deadline: 1 May 2018
The Graduate School of the Berlin University of the Arts in the Berlin Centre for Advanced Studies in Arts and Sciences (BAS) is offering fellowships in Germany. The fellowship programme is aimed at graduates in all artistic and scientific disciplines who understand an exchange with other disciplines as being an essential part of their work.
The Graduate School of the Berlin University of the Arts is a postgraduate and international programme of studies for highly qualified graduates in all disciplines who have already developed their own artistic or design positions.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: The fellowship programme is aimed at graduates in all artistic and scientific disciplines who understand the exchange with other disciplines as being an essential part of their work.
- Scholarship Award: Support is provided for two years. The monthly stipend is €1,365 plus a grant for the cost of materials and a child allowance, when relevant. Prospective starting date: 1 April 2019.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must present the following requirements: An above-average higher education degree (equivalent to the Master Degree or German “Diplom”) or an outstanding artistic aptitude and particular specialist skills, which must be demonstrated with at least three years’ successful professional practice.
An outstanding project proposal with a focus on an exchange with other artistic and academic disciplines, which can be implemented within two years and the complexity of which corresponds to the standards of an independent development project
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
The first stage (pre-application) is completed online. After filling in the application form, please send the following documents in a PDF file (maximum 5 MB) as an email attachment
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (length 1 to 2 A4 pages, minimum font size 11) in which you present the following, among other things: How would your professional career benefit from a positive decision to award the fellowship? What do you expect from the artistic-intellectual exchange between the Graduate School fellows? How do you see your contribution to this forum?
- Project presentation (length 1 to 2 A4 pages, minimum font size 11)
- Short essay (length 1 to 2 A4 pages, minimum font size 11), in which you take a position on the following questions: How do you perceive your artistic work? In what contexts do you place your practice (artistically, socially, historically)? What inspires you?
- Copy of university degree certificate (equivalent to a Master’s degree or Diplom) or proof of outstanding artistic aptitude and particular disciplinary skills, as attested by at least three years of successful professional practice in the form of certificates or similar documents.