Deadline: 22 April 2018
The Tel Aviv University is currently accepting applications for postdoctoral scholarships for one year from October 2018. This scholarship is available for new postdocs who are at the beginning of their academic career.
The Tel Aviv University is the largest research university in Israel with the widest range of fields of study and research. There are about 30,000 students studying in all the frameworks and degrees, and the academic staff includes lecturers and researchers from the top echelons of the world who influence their research on all aspects of life and culture.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: April 22, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be offered for research in the fields of applied electronics, biotechnology, and applied physics, which should be suitable for the application and use in science-based industries.
- Scholarship Award: The amount of the scholarship per year is about NIS 68,000. Half of the scholarship will be financed by the advisor and half by the university or by the Pikovsky Valazzi Fund.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: The University will grant 20 scholarships on the basis of matching for new Post-Docs. Ten out of the 20 scholarships will be granted to Post-Docs from leading universities abroad.
- Scholarship can be taken in Israel
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Eligible to apply:
- New fellows only, that by the deadline of the bid will be awarded the Ph.D. degree, or have submitted their thesis and can provide authorization.
- Post-Docs at TAU that began their fellowship after April 1, 2018.
- Not more than five years have passed since the time the Ph.D. has been approved and the beginning of the fellowship (October 2018).
Not eligible to apply:
- Tel Aviv University Ph.D. graduates (unless they completed a post-doctoral fellowship elsewhere).
- Tel Aviv University employees.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Supporting Documents (must be submitted in one hard copy to Research Students Office – Senate Building, room 215):
- An authorization that the candidate is entitled to a PhD degree noting the date it was awarded, or an administrative authority that the doctoral thesis was forwarded to the referees.
- A letter from the head of the department (at Tel Aviv University).
- A letter from the advisor (at Tel Aviv University), including a commitment to finance the matching scholarship
- Three letters of recommendation (including a letter from the PhD supervisor and if possible, one from a University other than where the PhD was granted)
- A short research proposal (1-2 pages)
- A list of publications
- Curriculum vitae
- An application form