Deadline: 9 April 2018
The APEX programme will offer 20 prestigious two-year postdoctoral fellowships for incoming mobility across two calls over the 60 months duration of the programme. The APEX Fellowships are open to experienced researchers of any nationality.
The aim of APEX is to develop the next generation of scientific leaders who will gain hands-on experience developing cross-disciplinary and entrepreneurial skills through individual research projects.
APEX is a postdoctoral fellowship Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) COFUND programme, based at APC Microbiome Ireland at University College Cork (UCC), and co-funded by H2020.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: April 9, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships will be offered in the four thematic APC research areas of ‘Microbes to Molecules’, ‘Diet and Microbes at the Extremes of Life’, ‘Brain-Gut-Microbiota Axis’ and ‘Host-Microbe Dialogue’.
- Scholarship Award:
|Cost categories||Amount (€/month)|
|Contribution to research costs||800|
- Number of Scholarships: APEX plans to fund 20 fellowships in total. 10 for the first call and 10 for the second call.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from any country in the world can apply for these fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: Fellowships will be targeted at experienced researchers. (An experienced researcher must at the application deadline (1st call: 9th April 2018; 2nd call: 9th April 2019), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience in academia or industry).
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
A complete application consists of:
- Part A: Administrative information on the applicant, project, academic supervisor and host institution. Applicants must indicate: a project thematic area, up to 5 keywords, and provide a 2000 character proposal summary. Evidence of eligibility to the APEX programme (details on qualifications, evidence of compliance with the programme’s mobility requirements and references).Ethics issues table.
- Part B: Project proposal (max. 10 pages).
- Part C: Applicant’s CV (max. 5 pages),
- Part D: Applicants, who in “Part A – Administrative Information” indicate that ethical issues are associated with their research, are required to complete and submit the “ Ethics Self-Assessment” document
- Other documents required: Letters of commitment from the academic supervisors.
How to Apply:
All applications will be emailed to the APEX address, with the subject heading: Call 1.