BERNIE VARNADORE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Outstanding High School Seniors who have participated in a franchised Dixie Boys Baseball, Incorporated program and plan to pursue undergraduate studies at a college or university may apply. Dixie Boys Baseball, Incorporated programs include Dixie Boys Baseball for boys 13 and 14 years old; Dixie Pre-Majors Baseball for boys 15 and 16 years old; and Dixie Majors Baseball for boys 15 through 19 years old.
1. Fill out the application form, sign and mail to the Commissioner before the deadline date.
2. Have your parents or guardian fill out and sign the Financial Statement section of the application form.
3. Include two letters of recommendation. The two letters should come from individuals who have a good knowledge of your
achievements and potential. One recommendation should be from a school official; and one from a person other than a relative.
4. Include or have a statement of participation sent by A LOCAL LEAGUE OFFICIAL. Statement should include: (1) Applicant’s
years of participation, (2) Applicant’s attitude when in programs, and (3) Applicant’s ability to demonstrate team effort and leadership.
5. Include a copy of your latest High School transcript and ACT or SAT results.
6. Include a personal essay. It may be 150 words or less, handwritten. Your career objectives, how college ties into that, and how
you expect to contribute to society can form the basis of your essay. However, if you choose to be more creative, you may select
another format for your essay. The essay provides a way in which to become better acquainted with you.
7. Dixie Youth Baseball, Inc., ages 12 and under, has an established scholarship program and applications should be made separately to
their organization. (Dixie Youth Scholarship Deadline is March 1st)
8. Submit one picture—coat & tie, cap & gown, or other formal wear preferred.
Applicants must write a 150-word essay in addition to completing the scholarship.
For more information or to apply, please visit the scholarship provider’s website.
P.O. Box 8263
Dothan, AL 36304