Deadline: 15 March 2019
The Geoinformatics for Urbanized Society program prepares specialists and experts on spatial data management for various fields of life in public, private, or non-governmental sector. During the studies, the students get acquainted with the spatial processes and phenomena in the contemporary society and environment such as migration, urbanization, land use and climate change. In data oriented studios and courses, students get skills and know-how how to obtain, manage, analyse, and use data concerning these processes in spatial planning, decision-making, and policy-development.Intensive studio-format combining data management and geography, high-level theoretical courses, the possibility to individually design half of the curriculum together with world class scientific team provides the future alumni a competitive advantage on contemporary job market.
- Combines geography and IT in the age of BIG data.
- Gives tools to analyse social and natural processes in space for interdisciplinary decision- and policy-making.
- Teaches the full cycle of spatial data management starting from field work and data acquisition towards visualizing planning solutions.
The two-years master’s program “Geoinformatics for Urbanized Society” consists of four equal cycles:¼ – intensive and practical studio format,¼ – specialization courses and work placement,¼ – elective and optional courses,¼ – master’s thesis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural or social sciences
- At least 30 ECTS in the previous level of studies either in geography, geoinformatics, information technology, environmental technology, planning, geology, ecology, biology, environmental physics, economy, sociology, or government and politics
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 15 March 2019
- For more details Please Click Here.