Deadline: 1 April 2019
The Earth Surface and Water program offered by Utrecht University provides you with knowledge that is essential to manage the planet sustainability, guarantee the availability of natural resources for future generations, and understand and avert natural hazards.
The main subject areas you will study consist of the dynamics of coastal and river systems, (geo-)hydrological processes, groundwater remediation, land degradation in dry lands and mountainous regions, natural hazards, and delta evolution on centennial and longer time scales.
You can choose one of four tracks based on your interests in the field:
- Geohazards and Earth Observation – Land-degradation processes and natural hazards in and on the Earth’s surface
- Coastal Dynamics and Fluvial Systems – Natural and human-induces processes, patterns, and products in the world’s coasts and rivers
- Hydrology – Movement, distribution, and quality of water on Earth
- Environmental Geochemistry – Processes that control the functioning of natural environments at the Earth’s surface
Many of our graduates go on to find employment in research. Depending on your personal interests and ambitions, you will be equipped to work in both fundamental and applied research. You can pursue a career in applied research in government institutes, consulting firms, or various industries. Typical professional profiles of our graduates include Physical Geographer, Geochemist, and Hydrologist.
Knowledge of coastal and river management, land use, natural resources, pollution, and hazard mitigation provides you with a good basis for understanding the past, present, and future evolution of Earth’s environment, including human impact on this evolution. The numerous environmental issues currently facing us mean you can pursue a variety of employment opportunities in diverse sectors.
- Land Surface Hydrology
- Land Surface Process Modelling
- Remote Sensing
- Stochastic Hydrology
- Hazards And Risk Assessment
- Advanced Gis For Geoscientists
- Hydrology And Climate
- The program Earth Surface and Water is open to students with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. earth sciences, natural sciences, physics, physical geography, civil engineering, applied mathematics).
- In order to successfully participate in this program, you must be proficient in English.
- A scan of your diploma (if necessary with official translations) or Proof of anticipated degree.
- A scan of your transcript (if necessary with official translations).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A scan of your official English language test report or certificate.
- Passport copy.
- Motivation Statement.
- Curriculum vitae / resume.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 April 2019
- For more details Click Here.