Deadline: 1 May 2019
The aim of this Molecular Biotechnology program is to train professionals who will be able to work productively in biotechnological companies or to pursue doctoral studies. The graduate of this program will be able to plan and conduct a research project, understand methodology, analyze and present the results to the scientific community and society; effectively co-operate with scientists, engineers and managers; contribute to interdisciplinary teams in solving complex tasks.
- Management of biotechnology project
- Biosafety and Bioethics
- Project I
- Structure and functions of Biomolecules and their complexes
- Cell Biology
- Applied biocatalysis
- Protein structural bioinformatics
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Human Biochemistry
- Synthetic Biology
- Physical Biochemistry
- Analytical Biochemistry
- Molecular Diagnostic
- Entrepreneurship in biotechnology and LEAN system
- Project II
- Confocal and High Resolution Microscopy; Automated Image Analysis
- Gene-editing Technologies
- Genetic Engineering in Biopharmacy
- Microfluidic Technologies
- Tissue Engineering
- Stem Cell Technologies
- Molecular Biophysics and Self-Assembling Systems
- Non-Globular Proteins
- Lipid Technologies and Applications
- Applied Programming and Data Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences (Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Neurobiology) Technological Sciences (Biotechnology, Materials and Food Technology), Engineering Sciences (Bioengineering).
- English language proficiency – the level required – not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6.
Criteria of the interview: program / project selection factors; the suitability of the student’s knowledge for the selected projects; perspective vision of your professional life; English language skills.
The list of proposed projects will be announced in advance. Applicants must submit a motivational letter explaining the selection of projects (up to 3 projects) and recommendation from two researchers. A motivational interview will be conducted on the 10-point scale.
State Funded Places
Citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA), persons (non-EU/EEA) granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin can apply for the State Funded Place in the programme.For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition Fee Waiver
Tuition waiver will be awarded to the most motivated and competent international non-EU/EEA students applying for Vilnius University Master programmes taught in English or Russian language. This scholarship covers full cost of the tuition fee of the selected Master‘s study programme.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 May 2019
- For more details Please visit University website.