Deadline: 5 February 2019
From an ageing population to a changing pattern of diseases, there is a rising demand on Health and Social Care systems across the globe.This MBA program (Strategic Health and Social Care) has been designed to enhance existing skill sets and expand the management opportunities for Health and Social Care professionals. You will develop your critical thinking and analytical skills, whilst building your strategic thinking capabilities and maximizing your potential as a newly appointed senior manager, experienced manager or leader in the field.
The program offers a vocational study pathway to help you build your practical skills,theory and workplace understanding.
The programme will also give you the opportunity to:
- Enjoy flexible study options which work alongside your existing work and life commitments
- Expand your networking opportunities with businesses, academia, students, alumni and other like-minded business professionals, both nationally and internationally
- Participate in live online seminars with your tutors and peers. Multiple one hour sessions are offered each week (and recorded to watch later) and content is informed by real-time data about students’ understanding of the topic
- Explore topical modules, including: Transformational Leadership; From Policy to Frontline Service; Incorporating Global Healthcare into an Organisation
- Work in small groups on weekly tasks, allowing you to collaborate with peers and experience virtual working
You’ll also have a chance to visit our Manchester campus during our optional annual Executive Conference and complement your online learning with experiences such as:
- Working on projects with executive students from across the world
- Professional development activities
- Meeting faculty members
- Visiting places that have made Manchester a global brand.
This event runs over five days: three days of general executive development activities, followed by two days of programme specific activities. A full programme can be issued on request. (T&Cs)
Hear what our Global Online students have to say:
“I chose to study with Global Online because the MBA is entirely online. Being in a full-time job means it is difficult to find the time to take up additional learning and I was on the lookout for an MBA which suited my time and needs for years. I found the one offered by Manchester Metropolitan University suited my needs better than that offered by any other university.”
Surendran Chandrasekaran, Global Online student
This online course of Strategic Health and Social Care can be completed within two years, with a recommended study week of 15 hours.
Typical units of study may include:
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Operations Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Transformational Leadership
- From Policy to Frontline Service
- Service Quality and Commissioning
- Incorporating Global Healthcare into an Organisation
Please note these modules and timings are subject to change.
The final third of your credits are earned with a dissertation, giving you the chance to demonstrate all you have learnt during the course. It will also give you an opportunity to engage with a real project from your workplace and add value to your employer.
Our team of committed and enthusiastic academics and researchers are on hand to provide you with study support.
Your Global Online MBA Strategic Health and Social Care programme leads are:
- Dr. Sara Ward, MBA & Executive Programmes Director
- Iain Reid, Senior Lecturer, Business School
- Dr Margaret Hyde, Senior Lecturer, Business School
- This programme does not recognise GRE® scores.
The GRE® General Test is a widely administered admissions test that measures the skills needed in today’s graduate and business school programs worldwide. The GRE® General Test contains three sections – Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. Three scores are reported: a Verbal Reasoning score on a 130 – 170 score scale in one-point increments, a Quantitative Reasoning score on a 130 – 170 score scale in one-point increments, and an Analytical Writing score on a 0 – 6 score scale in half-point increments.
- An honors degree with classification of 2:2 or above or an overseas equivalent in a subject from a recognized higher education institution.
- OR significant management experience (10 years plus) demonstrating a substantial record of achievement in business and leadership.
English Language requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency.
Global Online 10% Early Bird Discount.
The Global Online team are delighted to offer students a 10% Early Bird Discount on this programme (T&Cs apply). For more information about how to benefit from this discount, please contact our Enrolment team via our website. Please note, Early Bird Discounts and subsidies cannot be used in conjunction with one another.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in March 2019
You can apply until: 5 February 2019
For more details please visit university website.