Deadline: 1 March 2019
The food sector faces new challenges towards greater sustainability, including food quality and safety, public health, working conditions, environmental impacts.The globalization of the markets also impact the future jobs in this sector and leads to a greater internationalization of the food companies and organizations.The future managers of the food sector will have to deal with these challenges, contributing to the development and implementation of Sustainable Food Systems and related activities, and to the development of environmentally and socially responsible organizations. They must also have the abilities to integrate in international and multicultural environments.
The European Sustainable Food Systems program offered by the ISARA-Lyon (France Agro³) is tailored for students who:
- are interested in sustainable food production and how to manage and implement food processing and other food production related activities in a sustainable way
- are looking for an international degree where the international perspective is an integrated part of the learning environment and the curriculum
- are aiming at flexible career options within management positions in the food sector.
There is a high demand for qualified professionals who are able to deal with challenges of sustainability and know how to integrate and implement sustainability in the food chain. With the MSc Sustainable Food Systems you will have very flexible career opportunities in the food sector, both nationally and internationally. You will be a strong candidate for management positions in SME’s in the food industry.
Typical job opportunities will be project manager or managing positions within the fields of:
- supply chain
- production and processes
- quality and safety
- sustainable development
- food system innovation
Sustainable Food Systems include:
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Entrepreneurship in food industries
- Intercultural communication
- Food legislation
- Introduction to supply chain
- BSc degree or equivalent in food / agricultural / nutritional sciences
- English level certified by an official test: TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in August 2019
You can apply until: 1 March 2019
- Please visit University website for more details.