Deadline: 15 January 2019
Leaders who can guide the shipping industry into a new era faced with demands for effective logistics solution and strict quality demands. The students also get the possibility to participate in research education and research projects.The Maritime Management program at the Chalmers University of Technology gives the students a theoretical and practical knowledge in Project Management, Quality, Risk and Safety Management with a well proven Chalmers standard at Master level. These courses are generic and are included in Chalmers Master’s programs in International Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality and Operations Management.
The program also gives Master’s level standard’s skills within the areas Leadership and Communication, Marine Environmental Protection and Energy Management from courses developed by professional researchers at Chalmers Department of Shipping and Marine Technology. Finally the program also puts emphasis on business acumen with courses as Business Development and Business Strategy Management.
Graduates from the program can apply for higher management positions at companies in the shipping industry within the fields of ship management and strategic management with the natural possibility for promotion. Graduates also have sufficient knowledge and the formal qualification to apply for research studies in these areas.
- Project management, Examination
- Research methods, part A, Project
- Research methods, part B, Examination
- Organization and leadership, Written and oral assignments
- Management accounting, Examination
For more information, please visit the programme website.
The ideal candidate for the program is a maritime professional preferably with some years’ experience within the shipping industry after received a BSc degree in major nautical, marine engineering, shipping and logistics or equivalent education and with a genuine passion for quality and sustainability.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in: Nautical Science, Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Port Management, Shipping and Logistics or the equivalent
- Prerequisites: For applicants without a major in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering, there is an additional prerequisite of studies in Maritime Law or Maritime Transport Economics or the equivalent
- Preferable course experience: Professional experience relevant to the Maritime industry
Scholarships are a great source of funding for Master’s students who are liable to pay tuition fees. Chalmers University of Technology offers numerous scholarship opportunities. Some of these are administered by the university itself and others by external institutions.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 15 January 2019
- For more details and information please visit program website.