Deadline: 1 March 2019
Why choose this program?
- Because you want to make increasingly intelligent systems which are able to understand, recognise and react to what it sees
- Because you want to improve the established connection between you and everyday technologies.
What does it contain?
Computer vision is a field which covers processing and analysis of images to give an understanding of what is captured by machines. Computer graphics covers all about displaying and how to represent things thanks to different methods supported by software and hardware.
Finally, the interactive systems part is concerned with how to create and/or improve your experience of using your daily devices, for example the reaction of your TV, when you are browsing channels or how much fun it is to play the latest game on your phone.
These topics cover a large band of technologies and theories which will be a part of our future for sure.
How is it done?
- By combining theoretical knowledge gained from the courses with practical hands-on experience
- Semester projects centred on a general theme
- Semester courses (mandatory as well as elective)
- 1-2 weeks mini projects for particular subjects
- Well-equipped laboratories with all the necessary tools to build your project
- Helpful and open-minded teachers, willing to help you with your questions and ideas and to guide you through complex concepts.
The VGIS program is research-based and shifts between theory and practical project work, where you can apply the theories introduced in the lectures. Through the projects you will be designing and building software systems within the fields of Computer Vision, Graphics and Interactive Systems.
Job and Career
The master’s program in Vision, Graphics and Interactive Systems at Aalborg University provides you with extensive experience in analysing, designing, implementing and testing complex high-technology software solutions, especially focused on vision, graphics and interfaces. These solutions typically involve either interfaces to specialized hardware, interfaces to users, execution on mobile platforms or any combination of these domains.
You are thus highly skilled in complex systems engineering, i.e., “making complicated stuff work”. This competence makes you very valuable to employers and over the years, our graduates have found it very easy to find an attractive and stimulating occupation in industry or academia, nationally and internationally.
The following companies have employed graduates from VGIS:
- Lyngsoe Systems
- IO Interactive
- Image House
- Computer graphics programming
- User experience desing for multi-modal interaction
- Machine learning
- Image processing and computer vision
- Robot vision (elective)
- Computer graphics and visualisation (elective)
- Scientific computing and sensor modelling (elective)
- Platforms and methods for multi-modal system architectures
- Research in Vision, graphics and interactive systems
- Master’s thesis
The following programmes qualify for the master’s in Vision, Graphics and Interactive Systems:
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics and IT (5th-6th semester are offered in English)
- Internet Technologies and Computer Systems (5th-6th semester are offered in English)
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 1 March 2019
- Please visit University website for more details and information.