Deadline: 24 September 2019
These are the projects designed at the Specializing Master in Fashion Tech of the Politecnico di Milano, managed by POLI.design. A course dedicated to the futures scenarios of fashion, open to contamination between sport and fashion, competition and leisure, but also wearable technologies for interactive accessories.
The Specializing Master in Fashion Tech meets the needs of the market that requires innovative products and designers with technical and creative skills and knowledge on new materials, technologies and fashion languages.
The Master consists of a theoretical part devoted to new materials and technologies, sport’s culture, the new scenarios of interactive design for fashion and the methods of digital and multimedia representation. The testimonies of many athletes will complete the theoretical knowledge with their agnostic experiences. There are also five design workshops devoted to the production of finished products focused on Fashion Tech for Lifestyle Design, Active-wear Design, Sportswear Design, Performance Sportswear Design, Interactive Fashion.
In each workshop, lecturers will be professionals of the sector, who will interact with leading companies in order to provide students with skills and professional methodologies. The Specializing Master is held in English.
The Specializing Master in Fashion Tech program offered at POLI.design – Milan (Italy) provides skills for the design of active and interactive sportswear products, for lifestyle in terms of innovative materials and technology performance, for wearables accessories able to integrate fashion aesthetics with new contents and functions of the wearable technologies. The goal is to train designers able to work in sportswear but also in those areas where are required skills capable of combining technical materials, new technologies and performance. Fashion Tech designer has a crucial role in Fashion, Sportswear and Lifestyle areas given his ability to connect the different worlds of fashion, sports, electronics and information technology.
The professional outcomes concern both active and competitive sportswear and all the intersections between fashion, new technologies and lifestyle.
Didactics will be structured as following:
- Sportswear today, History of sportswear, Trend Forecasting, Wearables Design, Brand&Markets, New Technologies
- Rhyno e Solidworks software
- Illustrator, Photography
- Workshop FASHION TECH LIFESTYLE
- Workshop ACTIVEWEAR
- Workshop SPORTSWEAR
- Workshop PERFORMANCE SPORTSWEAR
- Workshop INTERACTIVE FASHION
- Presentation and Portfolio
- Final presentation
English Language Requirements
- Curriculum Vitae
- Admission form
- A copy of the student’s identity document
- Photocopy of the academic certificate plus to certificate detailing the marks obtained for each examination, or the Diploma Supplement (upon enrolment, the Declaration of Value from the local Italian Diplomatic authorities must be submitted, or an Official document issued by ENIC/NARIC centers).
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in November 2019
You can apply until: 24 September 2019
- Please visit University website for more details.