Deadline: 5 February 2019
In the rapidly evolving world of Banking, Finance and Accounting, businesses are facing more pressure and complexities than ever before. Those working within the industry are having to deal with increasing information and activity – in diverse areas such as financial reporting, foreign exchange and risk management – and it is critical they have the skills needed to succeed.This 100% online program will offer busy professionals an understanding of these challenges to help them progress their careers. Exploring areas such as performance management, FinTech and financial risk in a global context, it is designed to develop strategic thinking and leadership skills, as well as knowledge of the inner workings of a business and top level decision making.
The program will also give you the opportunity to:
- Gain entry at a higher level to professional qualifications, such as the CIMA Masters gateway route, if you do not currently have one – many of the modules on this course are accredited by leading professional institutions
- Adopt a vocational study route which develops your practical skills, theory and workplace understanding
- Enjoy flexible study options which work alongside your existing work and life commitments
- Expand your networking opportunities with businesses, academia, students, alumni and other like-minded business professionals, both nationally and internationally
- Explore topical themes during live online seminars with your tutors and peers. Multiple one hour sessions are offered each week (and recorded to watch later) and content is informed by real-time data about students’ understanding of the topic
- Work in small groups on weekly tasks, allowing you to collaborate with peers and experience virtual working
You’ll also have a chance to visit our Manchester campus during our optional annual Executive Conference and complement your online learning with experiences such as:
- Working on projects with executive students from across the world
- Professional development activities
- Meeting faculty members
- Visiting places that have made Manchester a global brand.
This event runs over five days: three days of general executive development activities, followed by two days of programme specific activities. A full programme can be issued on request. (T&Cs)
Hear what our Global Online students have to say:
“I am not that tech savvy but I found the Virtual Learning Environment easy. Plus, the advice I have received from the Student Support team has been immense. They are very friendly and quick to get back to you on any queries.”
Surendran Chandrasekaran, Global Online student
This online course can be completed within two years with a recommended study week of 20 hours to complement your existing commitments.
Typical units of study may include:
- Critical Reading, Writing and Literature Research
- Corporate Finance
- Strategy and Leadership
- Financial Technologies
- Performance Management and Control
- Corporate Reporting
- Philosophical and Methodological Approaches to Research
Please note, these modules and their timing are subject to change
The final third of your credits is earned with a dissertation. This will demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have acquired throughout the course.
Our team of committed and enthusiastic academics and researchers are on hand to provide you with support.
Your Global Online MSc Finance and Strategy Program Leads are:
- Dr. Michael Flanagan, Senior Lecturer and Fellow of the Foundation of Management Education
- Anna Egan, Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
An honours degree with classification of 2:2 or above, or an overseas equivalent, in a subject from a recognised higher education institution OR an equivalent qualification e.g. an F1-F9 ACCA qualification.
English Language requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English (and whose first degree was not taught in English) are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in March 2019
You can apply until: 5 February 2019
- For more details please visit program website.