Deadline: 10 January 2019
Digitalization of services means that businesses have a growing need for experts who can combine ICT technology, people and business skills. That is where we come in: we educate people to become the next innovators, challengers of existing practices and decision-makers in ICT.We do this by providing these inquisitive minds with tools and skills to design, develop and implement systems that solve individual and organizational problems. With us, the students do not only get state-of-the art education, but also support from a like-minded community of students and faculty members and the possibilities of a multidisciplinary Finnish university.With a degree in Information Systems from JYU you will have versatile career opportunities available. Want to work with large ICT development projects? Consult and lead digitalization development? Perhaps establishing your own start-up is more your thing? Upon graduation, the choice is yours. Many of our alumni go directly into jobs in such companies as Accenture or Deloitte. Some pursue doctoral studies.
Give and get more. For us, a student is someone who actively engages in learning and who gives 100 % in solving the challenges presented to him or her. Our international community of researchers, teachers and other students support each other in the endeavor; together we will achieve far more than ever alone. The program is one of the three biggest IS programs in Scandinavia.
Come & question the current status quo. Every one of us uses digital services for work and play, and even more so in the thoroughly digitalized future. We need people with skills and abilities to question the current solutions and develop them based on reliable analysis and methods. With a degree in Information Systems, you will learn how to do it in a very practical way. At JYU, we emphasize practical and proven ways for developing new, better systems and digital services based on customer needs.
Get JYUnited. The University of Jyväskylä is JYUnited with the surrounding society. The campus is in the heart of Jyväskylä , making JYU and Jyväskylä the perfect urban retreat for studying. We will help you to settle in and support your studies with our Student Life operating model. It helps students to succeed in their studies by creating optimal conditions for academic learning and well-being in this Scandinavian, lively and safe city. We also have strong collaboration with industry both at local and national level; the vast majority of Master’s theses are completed in collaboration with industry.
The degree from the University of Jyväskylä is unique in Finland in combining Information Technology with Economic Sciences. Our graduates will be able to:
- analyse real-life problems and provide ICT-based solutions to them;
- design intelligent ICT-enabled services;
- manage an existing ICT organisation;
- create a new, ICT-driven business.
Graduate characteristics also include good international communication skills due to the integrated language and communication studies; argumentation skills and logical thinking; team working abilities and social skills.
There are various roles IS graduates are able to adopt in private and public enterprises. The below lists some examples of the role titles:
- Expert positions in businesses: Analyst, Business Analyst, Product Owner, Project Coordinator, Service Designer, Service Developer, System Designer;
- Management positions: Project Manager, CEO, ICT/Service Manager, Group Manager, Customer Service Manager, Product Manager, Service Delivery Manager, Service Line Director, Solution Manager, Solutions Lead, System Manager;
- Marketing roles: Product Marketing Manager;
- Consultation roles: Senior Consultant, Service Design Consultant;
- R&D: Doctoral Student, Researcher, Postdoctoral Researcher, Development Manager, Business Development Manager, Service Development Manager, Product Development Manager, Project Researcher.
- Digital Business and Emerging Technologies
- ICT Policy and Strategy
- Project and Change Management
- Advanced Topics on Systems Development
- Information Systems Theories
- Research Methods
- Master’s Thesis Seminar
- Master’s Thesis
- Maturity Test
- An undergraduate academic degree with at least good* average grade in a related field, e.g. Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Information Systems; Information Systems Engineering; Business Information Systems; or Wirtschaftsinformatik, including sufficient (c. 30 ECTS) studies in business and economics. Very good applicants without adequate background in business and economics may be accepted with the requirement for complementary studies (Basic Business Studies).
- an applicable undergraduate academic degree relevant to the field of the programme, including adequate basic studies (c. 30 ECTS) in Information Systems / IT management.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 10 January 2019
- For more details please visit program website.