Deadline: 30 June 2019
This will prepare you for future employment in a specialized area or a role involving academic research or industrial research and development.Graduates of this MRes Computer Science program at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, as with all XJTLU masters degrees, earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Graduates from this program (Computer Science) will find employment as research and development engineers, systems developers and project leaders in IT companies, or will go on to further studies as PhD candidates.
- Research methods
- Project management
- Dissertation project
- Cloud computing
- Data mining and Big Data analytics
- Interactive systems
- Object-oriented programming
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Upper Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai Ranking–75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
- Equivalent academic qualifications
Scholarships available range from 10 to 50 percent of tuition for each award, depending upon the specific scholarship progra.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.