Deadline: 15 July 2019
The International Master’s Degree in Finance from ISCTE – University Institute of Lisbon is a full-time, one-year program that provides a highly advanced qualification in the finance field. It is designed for students who intend to pursue a career in the financial services industry or in the field of corporate finance. The Master’s in Finance gives you a strong background in the theoretical underpinnings of finance, while offering intensive applied training aimed at developing skills for active interaction in the finance world. Our graduates have earned an excellent reputation in the corporate sector for their outstanding quantitative and technical skills.
- Financial Times Ranking 2018
- Financial Times Ranking 2017
- Eduniversal Top 50 Best Masters Programmes in Western Europe 2017/2018
Studying for a MSc in Finance at IBS offers you:
- Enhanced career prospects: Graduates successfully leverage the skills and knowledge gained from their degree to embark on careers in their sector of choice. The Master in Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programs incorporate at least 70% of the CFA candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
- Specialization and flexibility: Half of the courses are electives, which allows students to customize the programme so that it focuses on areas of particular relevance to their chosen careers.
- First-hand financial experience: During the program there will be a finance agenda that will offer regular presentations made by companies, workshops on financial information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters, and case analyses.
- International experience. A mid-week residential stay in Madrid will give students direct contact with companies and institutions in the local financial industry and provide them with additional international exposure.
- Contact with a world-class faculty: The finance faculty is made up of leaders in the field of financial research who have published in some of the world’s most distinguished journals. They will provide students with a cutting-edge education in finance in classes that put a premium on how to apply their knowledge to real settings.
- Preparation for the business arena: During the programme, students will be able to attend a personal soft skill development programme and career management training designed to upgrade their global skills, improving their prospects for a successful future career.
- Financial data lab: Among European schools, IBS has one of the most comprehensive financial databases – a resource that includes free access to Wharton Research Data Services, Compustat, Worldscope, CRSP and more complete information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters. Through its financial database, students will have a chance to do data simulating and modelling, apply theory to the real financial world and develop applied projects using unique data sets.
The MSc in Finance has an employment rate of 100% up to 12 months after completion of Program. The sectors most represented in the recruit of masters’ graduates are the Industry & Energy, Consulting & Audit and Information Technology. In this range of sectors, some of the major recruiters are Deloitte, EY, Galp Energia, Novabse and REN.
- A3ES Accreditation
- DGES Registration
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Options
- Futures, Forwards and Swaps
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Master Project in Finance or Master Dissertation in Finance
- Finance Seminars
ISCTE Business School is seeking students who can demonstrate the ability and commitment to successfully manage an academically demanding, full-time program. We are looking for highly motivated candidates with the potential to become the business leaders of tomorrow.
English Language Requirements
- Students who can demonstrate the ability and commitment to successfully manage an academically demanding, full-time program.
- Highly motivated candidates with the potential to become the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Candidates must show evidence of a completed Bachelors degree as well as proficiency in the English language.
The following documents must be uploaded into the online application form:
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelors degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Motivation Letter
- ID card/Passport
- Proficiency in the English language (optional);
- The results of GMAT or GRE exam (optional)
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 15 July 2019
- For more detail please visit program website.