Deadline: 21 January 2019
Delivered online, you will benefit from our ‘learning by doing’ approach and discover through your own learning experience, what it’s like to learn and teach, both face-to-face and online.This online Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education from Falmouth University is for you if you want to:
- Become more confident in your practice and your ability to respond to the rapidly shifting HE sector.
- Develop your knowledge and skills in using online and blended learning delivery to support and enhance student learning.
- Study among peers across different cultural backgrounds, gaining exposure to new perspectives and ideas of teaching and learning practice.
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification for teaching and learning in Higher Education.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Push the limits of your practice by being allowed to try ideas and new initiatives, and take risks within a safe, supportive environment
- Become more confident in your practice and your ability to respond to the rapidly shifting HE sector and its growing emphasis on the student experience
- Benefit from studying online, where your peers may be from different countries, disciplines and backgrounds, allowing you to interact with new perspectives, and ideas of teaching and learning practice
- Develop your skills as a reflective practitioner, and your ability to innovate, and enrich your current practice in supporting student learning, by critically evaluating it in the light of pedagogical research, scholarship and policy
- Enhance your inclusive and flexible approach to teaching/supporting student learning
- Gain the confidence, knowledge and pedagogical fluency to be able to articulate why you are choosing to do what you’re doing to support student learning and to help ensure that your colleagues, students and managers respect and accept your approach
- Develop your knowledge and skills in using online and blended learning delivery to support and enhance student learning
- Develop your own supportive learning community and potential international professional networks of teaching and learning practitioners ,
- Gain the knowledge to be able to prepare applications for professional recognition from various professional bodies across different countries. Eg. a portfolio for Fellowship recognition (FHEA) from the Higher Education Academy (HEA) in the UK
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification for teaching and learning in Higher Education
- Enhance and maintain your confident, continuing professional development (CPD) in an informed and critically reflective teaching practice within a fast changing sector
The PGCHE has been designed in consultation with education professionals and external bodies for professional teaching and learning practice, such as the Higher Education Academy (HEA), to support critically informed and reflective practitioners able to shape the future of the sector.
Studying flexibly with Falmouth University
The creative sector continues to grow globally. Whether you seek to enhance or begin your career in the creative sector, Falmouth University’s flexible learning programmes equip you with the right skills and knowledge to do so, without interrupting your income and career progression.
- Learn flexibly from home, the workplace or on the move anywhere in the world through Falmouth Flexible intuitive online learning platform.
- Get student benefits, as a Falmouth Flexible student, you enjoy the same status as any on-campus students, from receiving a Student ID card and qualifying to apply for a NUS student discount card.
- Graduate with an award equal in title and quality as given to Falmouth university on campus students and have the opportunity to attend your graduation ceremony in the UK.
- Supporting Student Learning
- Developing Flexible Learning Environments
You will be assessed through written coursework and practical activities, such as
- Work-based assignments that are grounded in your current teaching and learning practice where you apply pedagogical scholarship and best practice to develop it
- Written assessments where you design and critically evaluate your curriculum
- Practical assessments where you plan, deliver, and evaluate learning activities with your learners, in both face to face and online/blended learning contexts
As part of the application process you will be asked to submit a description of your prior experience, motivations for studying the course and how you believe it will develop your career aspirations.
Within your application you will be expected to demonstrate sufficient previous and current practice in supporting student learning in Higher Education (HE).
You can take advantage of:
- Early bird discounts
- Falmouth Flexible Bursaries
- Alumni discount (15% to Falmouth alumni)
- Refer a friend rewards
Early Bird Discount for Tuition Fees
Our early bird discount is worth up to £400
An Early Bird Discount of up to £200 is given to applications received prior to specific deadlines
If you are accepted, and you pay your acceptance fee within 2 weeks of receiving your offer letter you will receive an additional £200 deduction on your full tuition fees.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in January 2019
You can apply until: 21 January 2019
- For more details please visit program website.