Deadline: 30 June 2019
By the time you graduate the MSc Sustainable Energy Technology program at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, you will have a thorough understanding of sustainability standards, various renewable energies, smart grid and power electronics for renewable energy and energy use management in buildings, urban design and other areas. Research on sustainable energy technology has opened up many job opportunities in industry, government institutions and research centers.
Graduates of this program will typically work on professional tasks including the implementation of sustainable energy technologies within existing or new systems, and modelling and evaluation of the impact on ecosystems, economics and society.Graduates may be employed as electric power system engineers, electric power system consultants, electric power projects managers, sustainable cities and building design consultants, managers and team leaders in government.
- Sustainable energy and the environment
- Nuclear energy technology
- Power system network and smart grids
- Integration of energy strategies in the design of buildings
- Photovoltaic energy technology
- Renewable kinetic energy technologies
- Power electronics and applications for renewable energy
- Sustainable urban planning strategies
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Upper Second Class on the UK Honor scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honor scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai Ranking–75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate program
- Equivalent academic qualifications
Scholarships available range from 10 to 50 percent of tuition for each award, depending upon the specific scholarship program.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.