Deadline: 30 June 2019
Profile of the TESOL – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Distance Learning) programme from University of Nicosia:
- To develop in the student an understanding of a range of disciplines and areas of professional activity which underpin the field of TESOL and constitute its focus and its concerns;
- To provide students with a solid theoretical foundation and the necessary professional skills in TESOL;
- To equip the students with the linguistic knowledge, cultural understanding, and pedagogical training essential to the various aspects of TESOL;
- To provide theoretical and/or practical support for actual situations within the language classroom,
- To develop students’ skills in critical reading and ability to design a research project,
- To provide the theoretical and/or practical basis required for the study of a doctoral degree.
The MA TESOL program prepares students and educators for global careers as ESL/EFL teachers and course developers.
It is designed for those who may have little or no substantial teaching experience but who wish to gain a substantial postgraduate qualification early in their professional lives in the field of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
Graduates will be able to be employed as teaching professionals at private and state institutions, both in Cyprus and abroad, teaching English to non-native speakers of the language.
Access to Further Studies
The graduate program will provide the basis for acceptance to a doctoral degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics.
- Exploring Language for TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methods and Course Design
- Language Skills and Materials Development
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Teaching Grammar
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Academic Records (True copy of the original)
- Two Letters of recommendation/reference from professors or employers (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only). Certain programmes have additional requirements
- Curriculum Vitae–CV (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Personal Statement (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Portfolio (for selected programs of study)
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.