Deadline: 30 June 2019
Students in this MSc program Civil Engineering at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University are educated in the theoretical aspects of the recent advances in those fields, whilst also acquiring a professional approach to the solution of technical problems.The MSc Civil Engineering program embraces research-led teaching, where the students are actively engaged by accomplishing technical tasks, either in the form of group work or individual projects. The program places a great emphasis on independent critical thinking, which is a key feature for the development of professional engineering insight.
- Sustainable technology and building materials
- Sustainable drainage systems
- Critical state soil mechanics
- Advanced construction management
- Advanced simulation of sustainable structural systems
- Sustainable engineering with timber
- Environmental engineering and management practice
- Advanced structural design
Applicants for graduate programs must have the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA equivalent to Upper Second Class on the UK Honour scale. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of or better on the UK Honour scale. No exam grade should be lower than 4.5 (European grade scale) or D (American grade scale).
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is calculated using the grades that you received in each course, and is determined by the points assigned to each grade (e.g. for the US grading scale from A-F).
- Upper second class (2:1) honours
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai Ranking–75 percent or above
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2018 Shanghai ranking – 80- 85% percent or above, depending on your Undergraduate institution
Note: Chinese applicants are not required to take the MoE postgraduate entrance exam.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate program
- Equivalent academic qualifications
The total amount of the scholarship for each awardee is 30,000RMB. As it is directly reduced from the tuition fees, awardees of this scholarship only have to pay partial tuition fees when they enrol at the University.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 30 June 2019
- For more details please visit program website.