Deadline: 15 July 2019
The Governance of Science, Technology and Innovation program which is offered by National Research University – Higher School of Economics (HSE) examines the complexity of science, technology and innovation management and policy. Students acquire competences that are frequently in short supply at companies and public institutions, primarily a global perspective on science, technology and innovation and the ability to make evidence-based assessments in the field of science, technology and innovation policy and management.
As this field is constantly changing, so too is the program, which is responsive to industry changes so as to best prepare students for successful careers. Equipped with specific in-demand knowledge and skills, graduates go on to careers with in management at companies, governmental organizations, and international groups. Students also have the opportunity to participate in double-degree or exchange programs with partner universities in Germany, South Korea, the Netherlands, and Turkey.
Among the topics covered are practical technology and innovation management (including strategy making and implementation), idea generation, finance and marketing innovation. Advanced courses teach policy for science, technology and innovation, measurement and economics of innovation, regional policy and public private partnerships for science and innovation. There is no other program in the world that addresses these issues from this specific angle.
An emphasis is placed on interactive learning. Lectures and seminars provoke lively discussions between professors and students, providing bilateral consultation for ambitious students who share our vision. The program seeks to educate and train self-motivated experts who are fearless when it comes to raising issues and initiating change.
Based in Moscow, the programme also offers students opportunities to take courses at HSE’s international partner universities, do internships in Russia or abroad, and write a Master’s thesis during their final semester of study.
This program combines theoretical education and practical experience, and with a focus on international expertise and experience. The personal qualities and intellectual potential of the students enrolled in the program will be enriched and developed so that they will be able to apply policy and management skills in science, technology, and innovation to work undertaken during their subsequent careers with major companies, organizations and government bodies.
- Stipends, tuition waivers, scholarships for top students
- International lecturers from University of Manchester, University of Ottawa, Seoul National University (Republic of Korea), Middle East Technical University (Turkey), George Washington University (USA), OECD and the other leading centres
- Opportunity to study 1–2 modules at partner universities: Seoul National University (Republic of Korea), Middle East Technical University (Turkey), University of Bremen (Germany), Maastricht University (the Netherlands)
- Double degree programmes with Maastricht University (the Netherlands) and Technische Universitaet Berlin (Germany)
Regardless of whether you are seeking employment in public service, private industry, or the academic world, the Master’s program will provide you with a wide spectrum of competencies.
The tools and skills the Master Program graduates will possess for making policy, management and strategic decisions.
- Scientific Research Methods
- Organising and conducting empirical studies
- Methods of data analysis and interpretation
- Presentation of results
- nnovation and economic growth
- Innovative behavior of companies: economic models
- Bachelor, Master or Specialist diploma with all attachments
- Letter of motivation (up to 3000 letters)
- Curriculum Vitae in English, preferably using standard CV, e.g. Europass
Advantageous (not obligatory) documents
- Overview /copies of scientific published and reviewed works, articles, contributions to research projects
- Active contribution(s) to foreign language conferences/seminars, receipt of scholarships/grants
- Letters of recommendation
- Valid English language certificates (obtained during the last 2 years)
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in October 2019
You can apply until: 15 July 2019
- For more details please visit program website.