Deadline: 10 Apr 2019
Bionics Engineering Program is a new frontier of biomedical engineering. Bionics indicates the research area which integrates the most advanced robotics and bioengineering technologies with life sciences, such as medicine and neuroscience, materials science, etc., with the ultimate goal of inventing and deploying a new generation of biomimetic machines, human-centred healthcare and (more generally) assistive technologies.One of the primary goals of the M.Sc. in Bionics Engineering at the University of Pisa is to challenge a selected core of very highly qualified students that, besides acquiring high-level professional skills, will also foster the progress of the research activities in the bionics field. Graduates in Bionics Engineering will be able to close the innovation loop by both translating the knowledge across application scenarios and transferring scientific insights into market opportunities.
The M.Sc. Bionics Engineering Program offers two different curricula to be chosen by the student at the end of the first year
- the neural engineering curriculum is focused on neuro-instrumentation, neural interfaces, neural signal acquisition and processing, neural networks, bioinspired sensing systems and design of robots mimicking social behaviors;
- the biorobotics curriculum is focused on the development of humanoid and animaloid robot models, wearable robots, bionic implantable organs, artificial upper and lower limbs, robots and platforms for diagnosis, surgery and rehabilitation, computational biomechanics, micro/nano-robots and biomaterials.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in other disciplines, only if the B.Sc. includes at least the minimal qualifications in terms of gained credits as detailed in the call
- Good knowledge of English language, at least corresponding to an intermediate level (B2 Level in the European Framework for foreign languages).
Our Bionics Engineering graduates develop strong interdisciplinary skills and learn how to use an approach which is oriented towards problem solving. By the end of the program they will possess a high quality engineering curriculum attractive to many innovative industries based on biomedical engineering, on micro/ nano biotechnologies, and on ad – vanced robotics.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in September 2019
You can apply until: 10 Apr 2019
- For more details please visit program website.