Deadline: 30 Apr 2019
The Graduate Diploma in Second Language Teaching at University of Otago (GDipSLT) can be completed in two semesters of full-time study. Although not a formal teaching qualification, it is nationally and internationally recognized as a complementary professional program of study. It is designed for four groups of students: language teachers in schools and colleges; registered teachers who plan to work overseas; international teachers of English as a second language; and tertiary education staff who teach a foreign language.
Applicants must hold a degree or teaching qualification, or have appropriate teaching experience. They will be enrolled in individually tailored programs of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework in Education and Linguistics. One of the required papers develops teaching skills through presentations to class members.
- Language and Its Structure
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Advanced Topic in TESOL
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by program with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor’s degree.
- If you hold an honors degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
The University offers a number of generous masters’ awards and doctoral scholarships (for PhD and other doctoral-level study). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, research ability (where applicable) and suitability within the department. No interview is required. Students already receiving a full scholarship covering tuition fees and living costs are not usually eligible.
Detailed Program Facts
Starting in July 2019
You can apply until: 30 Apr 2019
For more details lease visit program website.